In this Empire Flippers Review, we will do some due diligence of our own to come up with a verdict as to whether Empire Flippers is the place for you to be both from a selling or maybe even a buyer’s standpoint.
If you are looking to sell a website fast Empire Flippers could be the place to go.
If you want to build one and make money, and maybe when it has grown to sell it at a later date? Wealthy Affiliate is the place to get started.
Although they may not be as well known as some other online flipping website sources they are developing a reputation as a place to go because of several factors
- Name: Empire Flippers
- Website: https://empireflippers.com/
- Price: You can buy websites for as low as under $20K but there’s a 5% refundable deposit required to see the URL. If you’re selling a website, then there’s a $297 listing fee for new sellers and $97 per site for repeat sellers.
- Owners: Justin Cooke and Joe Magnotti
- Overall Rank: 95 out of 100
Empire Flippers Product Overview
Empire Flippers is a website marketplace where you can buy and sell websites. It is similar to other website marketplaces like Flippa. However, the main difference is that they thoroughly vet every site that they sell.
Through their intense vetting system, they ensure that every site on their marketplace is legitimate and that both sellers and buyers are protected through the entire process. They check all aspects of the site, such as the traffic stats, income, Google analytics, backlinks, etc.
Every potential buyer has to deposit 5% of the listed price to see the URL and start their own vetting process. However, if they decide not to buy, then the deposit will be fully refunded.
On the other hand, website sellers benefit from working with Empire Flippers to sell their site because they have thousands of potential buyers who check their marketplace daily. They have sold thousands of sites. A site typically only stays on its marketplace for a few days or short months before being sold.
Who Is Empire Flippers For?
Empire Flippers are for people who own profitable web properties and want to sell them. It is also for people who are interested in buying and investing in online businesses.
Empire Flipper Tools & Training
If you’re interested in selling your website, then there’s a valuation tool that you can access on Empire Flipper’s website. This tool helps determine your website’s current value by evaluating its monetization method, income, traffic, etc.
Empire Flippers Review Good and Bad
- Trusted Marketplace
- Empire Flippers is a well-known and trusted name in the online world, unlike many other website marketplaces. They do their due diligence to ensure both buyers and sellers are happy with every transaction.
- They have this trust through the years by providing a safe place for website buyers and sellers. Their status looks as though it will only be enhanced as more deals are successfully completed.
- In-Depth Valuations
- You won’t have to worry about getting a bad deal by paying more than you should for a website. They thoroughly vet each website.
- Their valuation is based on much more than how much the site earns per month. They consider whether a PBN is used, the overall backlink strategy, the type of business, revenue projections, etc.
- Qualified Buyers
- As for the sellers, you don’t have to worry about potential buyers copying your site.
- The URL is only shown to people who have made the 5% deposit and are truly interested in buying your business.
- This weeds out tire kickers and puts your website in front of serious buyers only.
- As a seller, you will have to pay 15% of the list price for businesses that are worth up to $1M. That percentage decreases as the value of the business increases. You will also need to pay a listing fee of $297 as a first-time seller.
- You Still Need To Do Your Own Due Diligence
- Even though the vetting team will check all analytics, verify income and traffic, etc., you will still need to do your own checks as a buyer.
Click here right now for our review, my personal help, and instant access to our free training videos where we'll show you exactly how we did it ourselves starting out as complete beginners without ANY prior knowledge or experience in marketing online whatsoever!
Empire Flippers Support
You can easily access Empire Flipper’s customer support through their contact form. If you do a valuation, you will also be contacted by their vetting team. You can call them at 888-658-8388.
Empire Flippers Price
When it comes to selling a website, there is a $297 listing fee for your first website and $97 for every other website after that. You will also have to pay 15% of the listed price for businesses worth under $1M.
If your business is worth between $1M – $2M, then the fee is 12%. You’ll have to pay 10% for businesses that are valued between $2M – $5M and 8% for businesses that are valued at $ 5M.
Empire Flippers: Marketing On Facebook
Empire Flippers will run promotional campaigns in various social media and other Internet marketing avenues. They also have their own Facebook account, where they have over 26K people who have liked their page.
They currently are running what appears to be a large Facebook ad buy. Their goal is to find more website buyers and sellers.
Like any good marketer, they use a free report as an incentive to capture contact information for future follow-up. Being a good writer, I signed up so I could read the free report titled…
“Empire Flippers – State Of The Industry Report, 2019 Trends For Buying And Selling Online Businesses
It makes sense that if you were in the market to buy or sell a website or thought you might be someday, this is a report worth reading.
Here is what is in the ad and what would make you want to download the free report.
Ready to see where the buying & selling industry is actually going?
We analyzed over 470 businesses for trends and predictions, so this is the only report that reveals…
– Real sales prices instead of scraped data
– Exactly how long it takes to sell an online business
– Common myths debunked that are holding you back
– A look into the glass ball with our data-backed predictions.
Download 2019’s State of the Industry Report for Free
What Is Going On In The Website Buying & Selling World?
In their report, Empire Flippers says they have 14 full-time sales agents. They fielded 42,210 calls of varying interest in buying and selling in 2018.
Website flipping has turned into BIG business. They closed 32 deals in 28 days in Feb. 2019 which was over 1 Million Dollars each.
I have found it interesting to follow various Internet marketers into building a blog from start to finish in 18 months and selling it for a monthly income times 30-36. Here is the math that is possible.
You build a blog that is earning $5k a month after 18 months. You sell it for $5,000 times 36 which equals $180,000.
What Type Of Website Is Selling?
This is not pie in the sky, according to Empire Flippers. They looked at data from 472 online sales.
This included real sales price, real sales multiples, days on the market, total combined sales price, and the total number of listings.
There is a wide range of website categories on this list. Some of these include websites that monetize with AdSense, Amazon affiliate sites, Amazon FBA, Amazon Kindle Publishing, eCommerce, digital products, information sites, SaaS, subscription models, and lead generation.
What makes this interesting is the many ways people are building websites and turning around and selling them. You can pretty much find any website making money interesting to you to buy at Empire Flippers.
What Goes Into A Profit Multiplier
Obviously, the most important factor is net profit. How much is the website clearing after expenses?
However, sophisticated buyers and sellers use other factors to decide at what multiplier they will sell or buy for.
– Traffic diversity
– Marketing channel diversity
– Revenue stream diversity
– Social media
– Email list
– Age- Inventory (if applicable)
– Other assets (such as a team transitioning to the new owner
How important each of these is in relation to the other will depend on the buyer. Here is the key takeaway.
When you build a website or blog from scratch, you have the opportunity to develop it in a way that a buyer would find attractive. This helps you sell it quickly once you get traffic coming in and you are making money.
If you have an existing website or blog you may need to bring it up to par on these various items.
As an example…
If all of your traffic comes from paid ads, you may want to work at developing a social media fan base that delivers traffic. If all of your income is coming from Google AdSense, you may want to add other affiliate programs to diversify a little bit.
In the free report, Empire Flippers talks about doing web design. They specifically mention spending $10,000 on it, so I assume that is a number they feel is worthwhile if you are trying to sell your website.
My Final Thoughts
Empire Flippers is an up-and-growing online marketplace for online businesses that are now an Inc. 5000 company. They have already sold over 50 Million dollars in online businesses, and this number is rapidly growing.
This should indicate that you can build an online business with a real exit strategy if you want. Not everyone who is earning $5K-$10K or more is going to want to sell.
However, if you do, Empire Flippers should be on your list of companies to have a conversation with and see just how much it might be worth in the marketplace.
Empire Flippers at a Glance…
- Name: Empire Flippers
- Website: https://empireflippers.com/
- Owners: Justin Cooke and Joe Magnotti
- Price: You can buy websites for as low as under $20K, but there’s a 5% refundable deposit required to see the URL. If you’re selling a website, there’s a $297 listing fee for new sellers and $97 per site for repeat sellers.
- Overall Scam Rank: 90 out of 100
It is not difficult to come up with a positive verdict for Empire Flippers. The company is legitimate, and the service it provides is valuable both to the buyers of websites and sellers!
Looking To Make More Money and Build your own Website?
As someone who has been through the process, I can speak from experience when trying to choose a way to make money online is exhausting. Sometimes it seems the more you look, the more confusing it can become.
If you are really interested in creating your own home business, check out my #1 recommendation on building a successful business, where you can get access to hundreds of training videos, 24/7 support, professional consultations, private access to my training guide and much more.