My 13 Tips on Affiliate programs remain a good source of passive income for many marketers or publishers. But they are so many that sometimes it can be overwhelming when you try to search for the best affiliate program. This is why we have gathered our highly recommended tips to help you search for the most lucrative affiliate program out there. So, let’s get started!
1. Do research on affiliate programs
Make sure you do diligent research when looking for the best affiliate programs. There are tons of them out there, and finding out which ones are good can be challenging. To help you get started, use the Google search engine and type in the keywords “affiliate program” and then your niche. For example, if your niche is Health and Wellness, you can search for affiliate programs like what is shown below:
Another way to search for affiliate programs is to look up affiliate directories. By using Google once again, type “affiliate directories” followed by your niche, and you will similar results as in the following image:
Although checking these recommendations could take some time, what you can do first is select a few top affiliate programs related to your niche and list them down. We will discuss the next thing you can do in the succeeding tips, so read on.
Alternatively (and my recommendation), you can go to the affiliate directory inside Wealthy Affiliate and look up specific affiliate programs. Here is a screenshot of what the affiliate search looks like:
This affiliate search area features thousands of affiliate programs in a plethora of different niches. It will outline details of the individual affiliate program, including the commission percentage, type of payout, and where in the world the product/service is available. Below is a screenshot of what this looks like.
Share or embed this infographic code provided below.
<figure class="wp-block-image size-large"><a href="https://davidbishopmakemoneytips.com/tips-on-affiliate-programs/"><img src="https://davidbishopmakemoneytips.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/How-to-become-a-sought-after-editor-410x1024.png" alt="13 Tips On Affiliate Programs" class="wp-image-13035"/></a></figure>
2. Find an affiliate program that provides solutions to your niche
Find an affiliate program that will provide solutions to your niche. Check out their products or services to see if they will offer solutions to your audience. One way to know if you’ve chosen the right products, list down the common problems related to your niche. You can find some ideas by using a keyword search tool such as Jaaxy, and here’s an example:
Based on the results above, you will get ideas on what are the usual problems related to health and wellness, such as the following:
- What are natural health and wellness products?
- How to create health and wellness goals or plans?
3. Validate the quality of the products
Since you will be marketing their products or services, you have to make sure they are of good quality. The best way to validate this is through product reviews of their customers. You can look it up via a search engine or go directly to the vendor’s website and check out the customer reviews if they are available. Some businesses provide free product samples, especially when it’s a new product. You can take advantage of this if you want to test it out yourself.
4. Prefer a company with multiple products
If you are new to affiliate marketing, then I recommend joining multiple companies with different products. This will give you more experience and allow you to learn from others’ mistakes. It is also good practice to join multiple companies because if one company goes down.
5. Look for a trusted and reliable company
If you are new to affiliate marketing, then I recommend joining multiple companies with different products. This will give you more experience and allow you to learn from others’ mistakes. It is also good practice to join multiple companies because if one company goes down,
Why Look for a trusted and reliable company/ affiliate program?
You need to look for a reputable company that has been around for years. They should be able to provide you with quality training materials, support, and excellent customer service.
If you are not sure which company is right for you, then check out my recommended affiliates below.
6. A company with good customer service
- Contact information – Try to find out how their customers can reach out to them on their website. The company should have this information available, like their customer service phone number, email, or links to their social media pages. You want to make sure that they can easily contact them by referring customers to their company.
- Positive reviews – Similar to validating the quality of their products, you also want to check out their customers’ feedback about their customer service while you’re at it. You can also do a separate search by typing in the company’s name followed by the keywords “reviews” or “customer reviews.”
- Customer Testimonials – You can go through their website and see if they have customer reviews available. You may be able to find customer testimonials that tell their personal experience using the product or service.
7. Understand the commission structure
- Pay per Sale – Most affiliate programs choose this as their commission structure. When customers click on your product link or affiliate link from your website, it will take them to the vendor’s website. If they make a purchase, you will receive a percentage as a commission from the sales.
- Pay per Lead – In this method, an affiliate will earn based on their lead’s conversion. Your customer needs to fulfill some actions on the vendor’s website before you can get paid. For example, submitting a contact form or subscribing to the newsletter.
- Pay per Click – In here, you will be earning from directing traffic to the vendor’s website. You will need to engage with the customers until they are convinced to visit the company’s site.
Click here right now for our review, my personal help, and instant access to our free training videos where we'll show you exactly how we did it ourselves starting out as complete beginners without ANY prior knowledge or experience in marketing online whatsoever!
8. Aim for high-commission affiliate programs
- Web hosting
- Website Builders
9. Recurring commissions
10. Find out the payment methods
Make sure that you know what kind of payment method they accept before signing up. Some companies may require you to pay using PayPal or Amazon Payments. If so, then you must have these accounts set up first.
11. Check the requirements
Check their requirements carefully before joining them. Make sure that you meet all of their requirements. Otherwise, you might get rejected and lose any chance of earning commissions.
12. Avoid too many affiliate programs
I recommend only joining 5-10 affiliate programs. Too many affiliate programs could cause you to become overwhelmed and lose focus on your main goal.
13. Transparency in affiliate relations
Transparency is very important in affiliate relations. The best affiliate programs are those where you can see exactly how much commission you earn for each sale.
The reason for this is that most affiliate programs offer a percentage-based commission. For example, let’s say that you refer 100 customers to a certain website. In return, the website pays you $50 per referral. However, there is no way of knowing whether you actually earned $50 or $100. Therefore, you cannot tell if you made $50 or $100 per referral.
The same applies to affiliate programs where you receive a fixed amount of commission regardless of how many sales you generate.
- Position disclosures on easy-to-find website section – It can be below the post’s title or on top of blog posts. This allows your readers to spot it easily.
- Be clear and direct – Write a short and easy-to-understand disclosure without beating around the bush.
- Use the right words such as “commission” or “compensation” – This ensures that your readers understand what you mean. Avoid jargon such as “affiliate” or “pay per sale.”
- Disclose when you are paid, which can include links, paid reviews, or product links
- Disclose on each web page when a link is used
- Disclose even when you’re unsure
If you need help on how to get started, check out my #1 recommendation on building a successful business online. You can get access to hundreds of training videos, 24/7 support, professional consultations, private access to training guides, tools, personal private assistance, my personal help, and much more.
PS: Click here to review my #1 recommendation in detail.
Enter your email and gain access to my make money tips and receive your free gift.