Affiliate programs remain a good source of passive income for many marketers or publishers. But they are so many that sometimes it can be overwhelming when you try to search for the best affiliate program. This is why we have gathered our highly recommended tips to help you search for the most lucrative affiliate program out there. So, let’s get started!
1. Do research on affiliate programs
Make sure you do diligent research when looking for affiliate programs. There are tons of them out there and finding out which ones are good can be challenging. To help you get started, use the Google search engine and type in the keywords “affiliate program” then your niche. For example, if your niche is Health and Wellness, you can search for affiliate programs like what is shown below:
Another way to search for affiliate programs is to look up affiliate directories. By using Google once again, simply type “affiliate directories” followed by your niche and you will similar results like in the following image:
Although checking these recommendations could take some time, what you can do first is to select a few top affiliate programs related to your niche and list them down. The next things you can do will be discussed in the succeeding tips so read on.
Alternatively, (and my recommendation) you can simply go to the affiliate directory inside of Wealthy Affiliate and look up specific affiliate programs. Here is a screenshot of what the affiliate search looks like:
This affiliate search area features thousands of affiliate programs in a plethora of different niches. It will outline details of the individual affiliate program including the commission percentage, type of payout and where in the world the product/service is available. Below is a screenshot of what this looks like.
Share or embed this infographic code provided below
<figure class="wp-block-image size-large"><a href="https://davidbishopmakemoneytips.com/tips-on-affiliate-programs/"><img src="https://davidbishopmakemoneytips.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/How-to-become-a-sought-after-editor-410x1024.png" alt="13 Tips On Affiliate Programs" class="wp-image-13035"/></a></figure>
2. Find an affiliate program that provides solutions to your niche
Find an affiliate program that will provide solutions to your niche. Check out their products or services to see if they will offer solutions to your audience. One way to know if you’ve chosen the right products, list down the common problems related to your niche. You can find some ideas by using a keyword search tool such as Jaaxy and here’s an example:
Basing on the results above, you will get ideas on what are the usual problems related to health and wellness such as the following:
- What are the natural health and wellness products?
- How to create health and wellness goals or plans?
After listing these problems down, you will be able to look for products or services to provide solutions to them which your audience will find helpful.
3. Validate the quality of the products
Since you will be marketing their products or services, you have to make sure that they are of good quality. The best way to validate this is through product reviews of their customers. You can look it up via a search engine or go directly to the vendor’s website and check out the customer reviews if they are available. Some businesses provide free product samples especially when it’s a new product. You can take advantage of this if you want to test it out yourself.
4. Prefer a company with multiple products
When looking for an affiliate program, it is also crucial to know how many products you can promote. Since you will be making posts about them, it is better to have an ample number of products so you can have more options. It will be a bit challenging to create many posts if you only have a few products to go around.
5. Look for a trusted and reliable company
One important thing to consider when searching for affiliate programs is to verify if the company is trusted and reliable. Remember that you will represent the company and will be promoting their products or service on your website. Therefore, it is imperative to check out the company’s background or do some research if there are any negative publications about them. You want to make sure that they do not have any issues about the company’s brand, processes, ethics, and so on.
6. A company with good customer service
A company that provides good customer service is a good company to work with. If they treat their customers right, expect that you will also receive good treatment as their affiliate marketer.
- Contact information – Try to find out how their customers can reach out to them on their website. The company should have this information available like their customer service phone number, email, or links to their social media pages. You want to make sure that they can be easily contacted since you will be referring customers to their company.
- Positive reviews – Similar to validating the quality of their products, you also want to check out the feedback of their customers about their customer service while you’re at it. You can also do a separate search by typing in the company’s name followed by the keywords “reviews” or “customer reviews”.
- Customer Testimonials – You can go through their website and see if they have customer reviews available. You may be able to find customer testimonials that tell their personal experience using the product or service.
7. Understand the commission structure
Learning the affiliate program’s commission structure allows you to maximize your potential earnings. It also helps you to strategize your marketing methods better. There are several types of commissions structure that affiliate programs offer. They can offer one way to earn commissions, or a combination of two, or multiple commission structure.
- Pay per Sale – Most affiliate programs choose this as their commission structure. When customers click on your product link or affiliate link from your website, they will be taken to the vendor’s website. If they make a purchase, you will receive a percentage as a commission from the sales.
- Pay per Lead – In this method, an affiliate will earn based on their lead’s conversion. Your customer needs to fulfill some actions on the vendor’s website before you can get paid. For example, submitting a contact form or subscribing to the newsletter.
- Pay per Click – In here you will be earning from directing traffic to the vendor’s website. You will need to engage with the customers until they are convinced to visit the company’s site.
8. Aim for high commission affiliate programs
While many affiliate programs usually offer commissions between 5% to 10% for each sale, others offer high commissions where you can earn up to $1000 or more for a single sale. These are also called high ticket affiliate programs. They provide bigger commissions because their products or services are a bit expensive or they offer subscriptions with monthly payments.
Some of the high-ticket affiliate programs you can first check out are the following:
- Web hosting
- Website Builders
You can look for high commission affiliate programs by using the Google search engine as well.
9. Recurring commissions
These affiliate programs offer multiple commissions for each customer you refer to the company. In general, recurring commission affiliate programs are the most beneficial. This is because you will receive regular commissions for the same promotional effort. Similar to how you search for high paying affiliate programs, you can search for them using Google following the example below:
10. Find out the payment methods
Make sure that the affiliate program you’ve chosen provides several payment methods. Or at least provides a payment method that you have available. This is to ensure that you will receive your commissions without any issues when you have reached the minimum payout. You may receive your payments can through Paypal, direct deposit, checks, or prepaid debit cards.
11. Check the requirements
When looking for an affiliate program, also check out the requirements for their affiliate applicants. Some companies are open to affiliate applicants without experience while others may require someone with an affiliate marketing background and at times, a fully functioning website. Treat this as if you’re applying for a job and make necessary preparations to increase your chance of getting accepted.
12. Avoid too many affiliate programs
Try to avoid applying for a lot of affiliate programs. You also have to consider your bandwidth if you will be able to put in the work to promote their products or services. It is better to choose one affiliate program at first to focus on. This will allow you to have more time to create quality content, improve your website, and engage with your audience.
If in case you have another niche and affiliate program, it is better to build a different website for it to avoid confusing your audience.
13. Transparency on affiliate relations
Being transparent on the affiliate programs you’re connected with allows you to establish trust in your audience. They will appreciate your honesty and will feel better in supporting you and won’t mind contributing to your earnings. If they feel that you’re a bit secretive with your affiliations, they might simply bypass your links and go straight to the vendor. Affiliate disclosure is required otherwise you may be facing legal issues later on. Some of the ways you can do this are the following:
- Position disclosures on easy to find website section – It can be below the post’s title or on top of blog posts. This allows your readers to spot it easily.
- Be clear and direct – Write a short and easy to understand disclosure without beating around the bush.
- Use the right words such as “commission” or “compensation” – This ensures that your readers understand what you mean. Avoid jargons such as “affiliate” or “pay per sale”
- Disclose when you are paid which can include links, paid reviews, or product links
- Disclose on each web page when a link is used
- Disclose even when you’re unsure
I hope these tips will help you find the affiliate program best suited for you and your niche. When you know what to look for, the task becomes less laborious and less time-consuming. Remember that your earnings will still depend on the work you put in. Hopefully, our tips can get you started and help you create a passive income from affiliate programs.
If you are really interested in creating your own affiliate business, check out my # 1 recommendation. You’ll get plenty of training, support, your websites, and access to 24/7 live chat where a community is available to address any concerns or questions you may have. Click on the banner below to get started, and I will meet you inside.