The question of how to have a positive attitude is a good one because the answer can play such a big role in all areas of your life.
Since you are in control of your attitude, whether you understand that or not, you may as well spend your time being positive than being negative.
It’s much more fun! 🙂
Let me give you my top 15 tips on how you can have a positive attitude.
1. Read your goals first thing every morning. It is amazing how much more positive you will be when you set goals and read them first thing every morning.
Doing this keeps you very action oriented and starts your day off right! Don’t have goals written down? Read my article on The Benefits Of Goal Setting.
2. Enjoy the little things. These happen more often than the big things. Waiting for something big leaves you unfulfilled in between.
Enjoying a beautiful sunset is an example of enjoying a little thing. Getting a job promotion is a big thing. Certainly, that is a positive thing, but how often does that happen!
3. Smile more. It relaxes you. There were trick track coaches used to teach their runners.
Follow My Simple 4 Step Formula and Copy the Exact Method I Used to Quit My Bus Driver Job
Smile coming down the stretch, it forces your body to relax. When you are relaxed you are more positive then if you are tense.
4. Read positive thinking books. A good one to start with is “Think & Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill.
If you prefer audio buy it on tape. It is the greatest self-help book ever written and will do wonders for your attitude.
5. Get a big purpose. Little goals are good. Often these are your daily to-do list.
Having a purpose that is bigger then yourself really forces you to see the big picture in your life. It will give your life meaning that you never thought was possible and you will have a much more positive attitude from it.
6. Live life with a Zen attitude. What in the world does that mean?
Live life at the moment! You will become totally aware of what is going on around you. This really helps you release negative and focus on positive. Especially when you surround yourself with positive people.
7. Watch who you hang around. Negative people rob you of positive thoughts.
They can really bring you down. Negative people see the bad in everything that is going on around them.
8. Change what you are thinking. Negative thoughts are going to give you a negative attitude.
Choose to think positive thoughts. This is a conscious decision and one you can make every time you start to be negative.
9. Lead a proactive life. Do you know what a reactive person does?
They live their lives in the reacting mode always letting external things in their life affect how they feel. Be more proactive in your life and your good thoughts will follow you throughout your day.
10. Be enthusiastic. Have you ever been around someone who is always enthusiastic about everything?
I don’t mean pretend enthusiasm either. Life is good. Let your attitude reflect that.
11. Expect bumpy roads. What do I mean by that? Everyone is going to go through ups and downs.
Some people hide it better than others, but they have challenges as well. Develop a ‘can do’ attitude when life throws you a curveball.
12. Focus on the good. This is hard to do sometimes. but try and see good in every situation.
See the good in your self and everyone around you. This will help you maintain a positive attitude in negative times.
13. You are not entitled. Some people think life and everybody owes them. It doesn’t and you don’t!
Nobody is going to give you things, so do not expect them to. Get and if it is to be it is up to me a positive attitude.
14. Watch what you say. Do not let negative words come out of your mouth.
Watch your self-talk as well. This is where you can really be negative and affect your positive attitude.
15. You can’t make me happy. Assume responsibility for your happiness.
In the end, you are really the only one that controls how positive you are. No one else is.
Be Positive In Your Online Business
Since my blog is full of tips on making money let me offer some advice on being positive and how important that is to your business success.
Internet marketing is a lot more difficult than people have you believe. I think many people start an online business because they feel it’s going to be easier than starting a brick-and-mortar business off-line.
It certainly is easier to get started, but in terms of running your business, there’s not a lot of difference. You still have to have quality products and a way to promote those.
You need customers, it doesn’t matter what type of business you have. Making all this happen is going to put you in a lot of negative situations.
You may as well know right now that there will be times when you feel like quitting. I read once that there is no situation to be good a few more sales can’t cure.
Stay positive and focus on all the good thing is happening in your business. Develop Internet marketing skills and spend the majority of your time on traffic generation.
During this, it’s easier to see results even when the money is flowing in. Understand that the more traffic you have coming to your online business the more money you will eventually make!
Become a Wealthy Affiliate…Turn Any Passion Into a Successful Affiliate Marketing Business.
Enter your email and gain access to my make money tips and receive your free gift.