Are you looking for a way to buy or sell a car online without dealing with dealerships, brokers, or middlemen? Do you want to save money, time, and hassle while getting the best deal possible? If so, you might be interested in this Tred review. This is an online car-buying site that connects private sellers and buyers directly.
But what is Tred exactly, and how does it work? Is it a scam or legit? Can you make money with Tred? And what are some of the pros and cons of using Tred? In this Tred review, we will answer all these questions and more. We will also provide some FAQs and resources to help you decide if Tred is right for you.
Full Overview Of Tred Review
- Product Name:Tred
- Founded: Grant Feek
- Product Type: Buying and Selling Cars Online
- Price: $99
- Best For Car Buyers
- Ratings: 2.5
Please keep in mind as you read my Tred Review, that I am not a member or an affiliate of Tred . This review is based on research and information available online in the public domain. Any opinions and conclusions may not apply to all persons or situations. So read this review in its entirety and you make your own decision. It might be helpful to read other Tred Reviews.
What is Tred?
Tred is an online marketplace for person-to-person vehicle sales. It was founded in 2012 by Grant Feek, who wanted to create a better way to buy and sell cars online. Tred’s mission is to make car buying and selling simple, safe, and transparent.
Tred does this by providing a platform where private sellers and buyers can list, browse, negotiate, finance, inspect, and complete transactions for vehicles.
Tred also helps with the logistics and paperwork involved in car buying and selling, such as registration, title transfers, taxes, warranties, insurance, and payment processing.
Tred claims to save sellers an average of $3,000 more than trade-in value and buyers an average of $2,000 less than dealer prices.
How Does Tred Work?
Tred works differently for sellers and buyers. Here is a brief overview of how Tred works for each party:
If you want to sell your car on Tred, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download the Tred app on your smartphone and create an account.
- Snap a photo of your driver’s license and take a selfie for identification purposes.
- Scan your vehicle identification number (VIN) or enter it manually.
- Please take photos of your car from different angles and upload them to the app.
- Set your asking price or use Tred’s pricing tool to get a suggested price based on market data.
- Publish your listing on Tred’s website and other partner sites.
- Wait for potential buyers to contact you through the app or by phone or email.
- Negotiate the price and terms with the buyer.
- Schedule a test drive or inspection with the buyer at a convenient location.
- Accept the buyer’s offer and sign the bill of sale electronically.
- Receive payment from the buyer through Tred’s secure payment system.
- Transfer the title and registration to the buyer with Tred’s help.
- Rate and review the buyer on the app.
If you want to buy a car on Tred, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Browse Tred’s website or app for cars that match your preferences and budget.
- Contact the seller through the app or by phone or email.
- Negotiate the price and terms with the seller.
- Schedule a test drive or inspection with the seller at a convenient location.
- Make an offer to the seller and sign the bill of sale electronically.
- Pay the seller through Tred’s secure payment system.
- Receive the title and registration from the seller with Tred’s help.
- Rate and review the seller on the app.
Can You Make Money buying and selling cars on Tred?
Tred is not a money-making opportunity per se, but rather a way to save money or get more value when buying or selling a car online. As a seller, you can make more money with Tred than trading in your car at a dealership or selling it through other online platforms.
This is because Tred charges a minimal broker fee of $99 (or $199 for cars over $10,000) compared to other sites that charge up to 10% of the sale price.
As a buyer, you can save money with Tred by getting lower prices than dealer prices or other online platforms. This is because Tred connects you directly with private sellers who are motivated to sell their cars quickly and efficiently.
Is Tred A Scam Or Legit?
Tred is not a scam but a legitimate online car-buying site that has been in business since 2012. It has received positive reviews from customers who have used its service to buy or sell cars online.
It has also been featured in reputable media outlets such as Forbes, TechCrunch, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. Tred is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has an A+ rating. It also has a 4.5-star rating on Trustpilot based on over 50 reviews.
However, that does not mean that Tred is perfect or without flaws. Tred has also received some negative reviews and complaints from customers who have encountered issues with its service. Some of the common problems reported by customers include:
- Poor customer service and communication
- Delays in payment processing and title transfer
- Discrepancies in vehicle condition and inspection
- Limited availability and selection of vehicles
- Technical glitches and bugs in the app or website
Therefore, before you decide to use Tred, you should do your own research and due diligence. You should also read the terms and conditions carefully and understand the risks and responsibilities of buying or selling a car online.
FAQs About Tred
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Tred that you might want to know:
What is the best online car buyer?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as different online car buyers may have different advantages and disadvantages depending on your needs and preferences. However, some of the factors that you may want to consider when choosing an online car buyer are:
- The price and fees they offer
- The convenience and speed they provide
- The security and reliability they guarantee
- The customer service and support they deliver
- The reputation and reviews they have
Some of the popular online car buyers that you may want to compare are:
- Carvana: An online platform that buys and sells used cars and delivers them to your door.
- Vroom: An online platform that buys and sells used cars and ships them nationwide.
- CarMax: An online platform that buys and sells used cars and has physical locations across the country.
- CarGurus: An online platform that connects buyers and sellers of used cars and provides price analysis and ratings.
- Tred: An online platform that connects private sellers and buyers of used cars and helps with logistics and paperwork.
Which platform is best for used cars?
Similar to the previous question, there is no definitive answer to this question, as different platforms may have different advantages and disadvantages depending on your needs and preferences. However, some of the factors that you may want to consider when choosing a platform for used cars are:
- The selection and variety of vehicles they offer
- The quality and condition of the vehicles they sell
- The price and value they provide
- The financing and warranty options they have
- The inspection and certification process they follow
Some of the popular platforms for used cars that you may want to compare are:
- Autotrader: An online marketplace that lists new and used cars from dealers and private sellers.
- Edmunds: An online marketplace that lists new and used cars from dealers and provides research tools and reviews.
- Kelley Blue Book: An online marketplace that lists new and used cars from dealers and provides pricing guides and ratings.
- TrueCar: An online marketplace that lists new and used cars from dealers and provides price transparency and savings.
- Tred: An online marketplace that lists used cars from private sellers and helps with logistics and paperwork.
What is the best site for buying a new car?
Again, there is no definitive answer to this question, as different sites may have different advantages and disadvantages depending on your needs and preferences. However, some of the factors that you may want to consider when choosing a site for buying a new car are:
- The availability and inventory of vehicles they have
- The discounts and incentives they offer
- The convenience and flexibility they provide
- The financing and leasing options they have
- The delivery and pickup options they have
Some of the popular sites for buying a new car that you may want to compare are:
- Cars.com: A site that lists new cars from dealers across the country.
- CarGurus: A site that lists new cars from dealers across the country and provides price analysis and ratings.
- TrueCar: A site that lists new cars from dealers across the country and provides price transparency and savings.
- Carvana: A site that sells new cars online and delivers them to your door.
- Vroom: A site that sells new cars online and ships them nationwide.
What is the best source for new car prices?
One of the best sources for new car prices is Kelley Blue Book (KBB), a trusted resource for car pricing information since 1926. KBB provides fair market values for new cars based on data from actual transactions, market conditions, vehicle features, location, mileage, condition, color, options, accessories, warranties, incentives, rebates, fees, taxes, trade-ins, financing, insurance, etc.
The Pros and Cons Of Tred
Pros of Tred
- Tred offers substantial advantages for both buyers and sellers.
- Cost savings: Transactions through Tred are about 30% less expensive than traditional dealerships.
- Monthly vehicle value report: This helps you set an appropriate price for your car.
- Fraud protection: Tred ensures you connect with trustworthy buyers and sellers.
- Simplified paperwork: Tred eases the complexity of car sale paperwork.
Cons of Tred
- Despite its benefits, Tred has some limitations and drawbacks.
- Limited geographical reach: Tred is currently available in only thirteen cities.
- Discussion of Tred’s fees, including restocking fees, which can be a concern.
In a world where traditional car transactions can be a headache, Tred emerges as the game-changer we’ve been waiting for. With the power to simplify and streamline the process of buying and selling cars, Tred offers convenience, cost savings, and peace of mind.
If you’re in one of the thirteen cities where Tred operates, it’s time to consider the future of hassle-free car transactions.
If you need help choosing the right Affiliate Program, check out my #1 recommendation on building a successful Affiliate business online. You can get access to hundreds of training videos, 24/7 support, professional consultations, private access to training guides, tools, personal assistance, my personal help, and much more.
PS: Wealthy Affiliate Review, (My #1 recommendation in detail).