In this busy world sometimes a little boredom is exactly what the doctor ordered. Although the question still remains: What are things to do when you are bored? However, the enjoyment of doing nothing soon wears off and can leave you wondering.
Let me offer a few ideas. Some of these may seem pointless where others can be quite meaningful.
Since each of us is different, these may or may not appeal to you, but it should help get your creative juices flowing to come up with your ideas! And if this was helpful to you, please leave your feedback at the end.
Ok! Let’s begin:
My 8 Things To Do When You Are Bored
1. Take a nap. Often when we are bored, we are sleep deprived. A good nap can leave you revived and ready to go again. It can be something as simple as a short power nap.
2. Text your friends backwards. You can make a game out of this. Have you ever written something down backwards and then held it up to the mirror to read it? This is the same thing, but you are typing. You will want to write it out first because trying to think of how to say something in text backwards does cure boredom but will give you a headache after a while. Like if I want to say ” I have always loved you, Karen.” You would type “Karen you loved always have I.” Lol.
3. Call your mom. Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year where people call their mom. The rest of the year, maybe not so much. She would appreciate a call throughout the year, and you will feel better as well. what conversation you both have, maybe priceless and very rewarding.
Follow My Simple 4 Step Formula and Copy the Exact Method I Used to Quit My Bus Driver Job
4. Make your bucket list. Have you seen the movie “The Bucket List” with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman? You do not need to be on your deathbed to write out a bucket list and start accomplishing some of the things on it. This can be a good long-term thing to do when to face boredom. This one I have done.
5. Make your theme song. You don’t need a television show like the Jeffersons and their theme song “Moving On Up”. Make up your theme song and sing it at the top of your lungs when you are done! Mine was Lady. Lady, I’m your knight in shining armour and I love you. you have made me what I am and I am yours. Then I will sing it over and over replacing “Lady” with “Jesus“.
6. Call an elderly person for advice. The Indians hold their elderly in high esteem. The rest of us put them in a nursing home and forget about them. What a shame. Older people are wise and still have a lot to offer if given the chance. Call them, or better yet visit them. my Dad was the best with that. As a matter of fact, if I don’t call him in days, he would call me and ask: Son what happen, you not bored? Looks like you have other friends now? So I have to become bored ever so often just so he would not feel left out. Lol
Let me show you a simple 4 step proven system that many are using and having the same SUCCESS!
7. Take a friends dog for a walk. This is an excellent way to get some exercise and help your friend and their dog at the same time. Nothing real long, but maybe a 20-minute walk to clear the mind and have a little fun. Don’t forget the poop bag. Lol
8. Start a blog. Since my blog is about money making tips, let me spend the rest of the article talking about starting a blog and what a great way to cure boredom on a regular basis.
Did you know you do not have to be a great writer to start a blog? Many people think they wouldn’t know what to say or how to say it if they were to start their blog.
I can tell you that writing blog articles should be as easy as writing as you speak.
None of us is going to be Shakespeare or Stephen King. The thing is you don’t have to be.
Blogs initially were called weblogs because they were a way for people to put down their thoughts like a diary online. Over the years, they have turned into money-making websites and an excellent source of online news and information.
For your first blog, you don’t have to do any of those. You could just take the approach that you’re going to write about something that’s interesting to you.
Here’s an idea!
Start a blog on something you are passionate about and would enjoy periodically writing your thoughts down. If you approach it this way, there’s no pressure on you. Plus, you may find it enjoyable to research and write about the topic you’re interested in.
You can start a free blog at WordPress.com, Blogger.com, or Tumblr.com just to name a few. I did mine with WordPress. It doesn’t take any technical experience to set your blog up and adding content to it is as easy as typing and hitting the publish button. And you can join a community as I did, and learn from the short videos that show you how. Read about my Community here.
I like this idea the best of the 8 I’ve listed for long-term boredom cures. You can blog anywhere that you have an Internet connection.
You can dictate into your smartphone if you just want to put some thoughts down that you can later go back and organize into a blog article. you can go ahead and monetize your blog and make money at the same time. The community I mentioned above will show exactly how that is done through step by step videos for free.
Here’s another idea. Start a swipe file and for the fun of it add ideas that you may want to write about in the future.
Even on the days when you don’t feel like writing, but you’re bored, just doing research and creating future blog ideas is an excellent way to pass the time of day effectively.
What if you want to make money on your blog?
There are many ways to create your own blog. I would encourage you to join me in Wealthy Affiliate and learn how to use affiliate marketing as a way to build a long-term business online from the comfort of your home.
The great thing about affiliate marketing is affiliate merchants will let you join the program for free, and still give you the products and marketing tools to add to your blog.
If you want, you can promote the Wealthy Affiliate program just like I’m doing. I found this to be an excellent source of Internet income with a product that anybody can use no matter where they live in the world because it’s a digital membership product.
As you can see I start to get excited when I talk about starting a blog, I think it is an excellent way to do something meaningful and possibly create an income stream if that interests you.
Turn Any Passion Into a Successful Affiliate Marketing Business and Cure your Boredom.
Enter your email and gain access to my make money tips and receive your free gift.