Profitable home business ideas are plentiful, thanks to the Internet. Although not everybody is looking for an online home business, I want to focus primarily on that in this article. I will mention a few others as well.
Starting a home business using the Internet requires three things.
Many people get hung up at the very start because they don’t have a product of their own. There is a business model such as affiliate marketing and network marketing where you can start a business by using products provided by them to you.
Many business opportunities offer the website and marketing tools provided for you. However, many Internet marketers choose to start their website by using a blogging template from Word Press and converting that into a fully online business.
In this article, we are going to look at 13 profitable home business ideas that either requires a product or service to get started and encourage you to build a website and market it using your own blog.
1. Wealthy Affiliate. This is my own personal preference and the product that I promote. This is a membership site that you get paid a residual commission every month. The product teaches people how to do affiliate marketing on the Internet which is always in demand.
2. Consultant. Read How To Start A Consulting Business on the Entrepreneur blog if you are an expert in a particular field. There is a lot of money to be made with this type of business.
3. Start an e-commerce business. This is the kind of business that can literally take you anywhere. You can sell things on eBay, Craigslist, or Amazon. You could join a business opportunity such as SFI Triple Clicks or Infinii and sell items on eBay, Amazon, and Google as well as building MLM business in conjunction with it.
4. Amway. They are still the largest direct-selling company in the world. Amway uses the network marketing business model. Because of their broad product line, you can choose to specialize in a specific niche or have access to sell all of the Amway products as well as sponsor and build your own downline distributors.
5. Pet sitting. I would classify this is a home-based business.
You will probably be leaving your home and going to somebody else’s house to take care of their pets.
In this business, you can bill by the hour or by the day if you’re going to be there while your customers out of town.
Obviously, you need to love pets to make money here, but there certainly are millions of them in this world that need to be cared for at one time or another.
6. Direct sales. There are numerous direct sales companies you can join and sell products in various ways including online, home party plans, trade shows, and so on. Some companies such as Tupperware have been around for a long time, while new ones are all entering the market old time. Direct Selling News is an excellent source for information and companies to join.
7. Run errands. If you’d like to get away from your house and make money, start your own business running errands for people. This could include things such as shopping, dropping off dry-cleaning, picking up a package at Federal Express, and so on. Your clientele could be people that are disabled or people who are just too busy to do certain things themselves and are willing to pay you for it.
8. Blog writing. You can make money writing for customers, or by starting your blogs and monetizing them in various ways. With millions of blogs needing content right now, it’s a fast business to get started in, don’t take any upfront capital, and can be done anywhere you have Internet access. A blog business only will increase as more people start blogs in the future.
9. Tutoring. If you like working with kids, you can turn this into a business. It can be done by going to their homes and helping them, having them come to your home, or even online using Skype.
10. Affiliate marketing. Get paid to sell other people’s stuff, cost per action, or pay per click affiliate programs. There are numerous ways you can monetize your own affiliate business. This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to start a business on the Internet today.
11. Get paid to programs. Join programs such as Cash Crate and get paid to take online surveys and refer members to do the same. You can also get paid to perform other actions such as read email, work at home typing, or even become a virtual assistant.
12. Medical billing. As more regulations are put on the medical field, it has opened up the opportunity for people who would like to handle the billing portion of that for doctors, dentists, chiropractors, hospitals, and more.
Starting this type of business requires a little bit of training and knowledge.
This is a good site to start with.
13. Authority websites. This is not for the faint of heart, but if you have a particular interest in a targeted niche, you may be able to turn that into a six or even a seven-figure income building an authority website and monetizing it with several of the ways we’ve listed in this article. You might even be able to create your product and sell it and keep 100% of the profits, as well as monetize with Google AdSense, and other affiliate programs.
Profitable home business ideas are not hard to find online. Finding a way that interests you, or that you have the skill level to do, is an important part of doing your research as well. Keep that in mind and good luck in getting your home business off of the ground!
PS: No credit card needed!