How to market your business on a budget is essential for all types of businesses. It plays a significant role in the success of a business. But, what if you are on a tight budget?
Does it mean that you should entirely do away with marketing? That’s a big NO-NO! Here are the top 10 tactics to market your business on a tight budget.
You will be amazed at how effective these techniques are in helping put your business out there where people can find it.
10 Ways on How to Market Your Business on a Budget
1. Create and upload lots of videos.
These make a great marketing tool and you don’t have to go to extra lengths in purchasing an expensive camera. Thanks to smartphones, you can easily record high-quality videos about your product or brand and edit them using free video editor apps. You can then upload them on social media, YouTube and even on your website.
As of today, infographics are the latest and one of the most effective marketing techniques. Gone are the days when people had the time to read all the information posted on a website. Many people scan for images. Make sure the infographics entail a summary of all the relevant and accurate information.
3. Write and publish quality content.
This can be a very cost-effective strategy if you have some writing skills. All you need is a good command of language and a call-to-action style of writing. Alternatively, you can hire an expert freelance writer that will help you write excellent content.
By now you’ve probably noticed that social media has become a marketing platform. It’s because social media has more than 1 billion active users. All these are potential clients, and with the right marketing techniques, you can convert them into your customers. Moreover, social media is free to post platform. Add links so that you drive traffic to your site.
Click here right now for our review, my personal help, and instant access to our free training videos where we'll show you exactly how we did it ourselves starting out as complete beginners without ANY prior knowledge or experience in marketing online whatsoever!
5. Carry out a user-generated content contest.
This is one of the best marketing tactics that won’t take a toll on your bank account. A UGC contest not only creates a good relationship with customers it creates awareness. It entails asking your followers to upload a photo when using your product and use a particular hashtag. Then, the one with the most likes gets the prize. It will help increase brand awareness.
6. Client referrals.
There’s no better way to encourage your customers to refer your brand to others than giving them a small incentive. It will save you the money that you will have used in acquiring new customers. Moreover, a client is likely to believe what another customer tells her/him.
7. Guest posting.
Some people might argue that posting on another person’s website is a waste of time, but that’s not entirely true. Guest posting exposes your brand to lots of people. Moreover, it helps drive traffic to your site via linking your site.
Doing a live broadcast on social media is quite beneficial. It gives you a one-on-one opportunity with your customers. It helps create an authentic interaction. Try and answer your follower’s questions. This strategy is quite pocket-friendly. All you will need is a reliable internet connection.
9. Get involved in your community.
When it comes to marketing, you don’t have to think big. Look for a marketing opportunity in your locale. For instance, you can co-sponsor game events in your neighbourhood. You will get an opportunity to market your business.
10. Be a friend to the media.
Advertising on mainstream media such as TV and Radio can be quite expensive. However, you can do something that will capture the attention of the media. This way you will get free marketing from the media. You can come up with an exciting publicity stunt or hold a contest.
Let me give you a very doable strategy for marketing your business on a budget. This works and it is cost-effective for marketing on social media. You will need an Animoto account, a YouTube channel, a blog, a Facebook account, and a Twitter account.
1. Join Animoto for $42. This is the easiest way to create unlimited videos I have come across. Once you join, look at the easy-to-follow tutorials they offer. Creating a video is not hard and anyone can do it with no technical ability.
2. Set up your own YouTube channel. This is where you will publish your video once you have created it.
3. Do a Google search for free PLR articles in your niche. You will use these for content ideas for your video.
4. Open up one of the articles you want to make a video on.
5. Open up Animoto and click on get started. Then click on create.
6. Title your video something different than the PLR article, but having the same meaning.
7. Go through frame by frame and type in the text you want. Basically, you are rewriting the PLR article in your own words.
8. When you are done publish it to your YouTube channel.
9. Take the YouTube URL and post it on a new blog post on your blog. You can copy the summary from your YouTube channel and post it on the new blog post as an introduction.
10. Copy the URL from your blog post. Use it or your YouTube URL to tweet and make a Facebook post. Mix it up to create traffic to both your video and blog.
Final Thoughts On How To Market Your Business On A Budget
The above are ten ways how you can market your business on a budget. It is possible, and you can achieve a lot by incorporating the strategies above in your marketing campaign. Follow my step-by-step instructions to create videos and get new blog content as well as get your own YouTube channel started.
If you are interested in creating your own home business, check out my #1 recommendation on building a successful business. You can get access to hundreds of training videos, 24/7 support, professional consultations, private access to my training guide, and much more.
PS: No credit card is needed.
Related Video On Ways to Market Your Business With Little Or No Money.