There are various ways how to put blog posts on different pages in WordPress. This is a great way to improve your website’s user experience, increasing website traffic and generating a better income for you. In this topic, I share how you can add blog posts on WordPress using three different methods. These are:
- Adding blog post on your website’s Home page
- Separate your blog post pages from your Home page
- Set up WordPress to display posts on a dedicated page
I will also share how you can include a list of blog posts on your website and more. This will provide your website with a clean and organized layout that will better help your visitors navigate your website. So, here’s how you can add blog posts on different pages in WordPress.
WordPress Blog Posting #1:
Adding Blog Posts on Your Website’s Home Page
WordPress started as a blogging platform which is why blog posts show on your home page by default. When you add some blog posts on WordPress, you will find that they are automatically displayed on your website’s home page. It will be easier for you if you have a blog or a news website since your blog posts are displayed on the home page.
How your blog is going to be displayed will depend on your website’s theme. Only a portion of the blog post is pictured with some pieces, while others show an excerpt or an image. If WordPress is not doing this for you for some reason, you can check the settings to fix it.
- Open the WordPress Admin
- Navigate to Settings
- Then select Reading
- Look for the section named “Your homepage displays”
- Then select the “Your latest posts” option
- Click Save Changes
- Then return to the home page to check if your latest posts will now show on your Home Page.
WordPress Blog Posting #2:
Separate Your Blog Post Pages From Your Home Page
The following method will show you how to have a separate blog post page from your Home page. This means that your home page will become a static page with other content, and you have a particular page or pages where your blog posts are displayed.
You can add your marketing piece or your business information on your homepage. And then your blog posts on another page within your website. This arrangement is becoming more popular as it allows you to have more freedom on your home page’s content other than your blog posts. You also create a way to introduce your website gradually to your audience.
Here are the steps on how you can create a static home page and have your blog posts on a separate web page:
Step #1: Create a static home page first.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Pages
- Click on Add New
- Then create a New Page for your Home page
- Add the content you want for your Home page
- Then click on Publish button to publish it
Step #2: Create a page for your blog posts
- Still in your WordPress admin
- Go to Pages and Add a New
- Create a new page called Blogs (or any name you prefer)
- Leave it blank
- Click Publish to save the page
Leaving your Blogs page blank will tell WordPress to fill it with your blog posts automatically when you start uploading them. If you notice, you now have two pages on your website, your Home page, and your Blogs page.
Click here right now for our review, my personal help, and instant access to our free training videos where we'll show you exactly how we did it ourselves starting out as complete beginners without ANY prior knowledge or experience in marketing online whatsoever!
WordPress Blog Posting #3:
Set Up WordPress to Display Posts on a Dedicated Page
You will set up WordPress to know the dedicated pages where your blogs should be posted in this method.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Settings
- Then select Reading
- Navigate to the “Your homepage displays” field and select the “static page” option
- After that, choose which page is your Home page and which page your blog posts will go to. For example, for the Home page choose Home, then for the page for your blog posts, select Blogs.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Visit your Home page; it should display the content you added for your static home page, and your blogs are displayed on the Blogs page.
So now that you know how to add blog posts on different pages in WordPress, there are other ways to include a list of blog posts on your website.
Since your blog posts are not on your Home page, you need to guide your visitors on where to find them by including them on the main navigation menu. In this way, your visitors can easily access the page where your blog posts are. You can also add your Home page on your main navigation menu aside from linking it to the title of your website or on your logo.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Appearance
- Then select Menus
- Create your main menu setup or if you already have one made, select that
If you don’t have the main menu set up yet, here’s how:
- Click on the create a new menu option
- Enter the name you want for your menu
- After that, drag your Home page and Blog page on the menu.
- Arrange them in the order you want
- On the Display location section, tick the Primary menu checkbox (this will allow it to be displayed on top across all your pages)
- Click on the Save Menu button to save it
Visit your website; it should show the navigation menu on top of the page, including links to your Home page and Blog pages.
Step#2: Display Recent Posts on Different Pages
You can display a list of your recent post on your home page and other pages on your website. This will allow your visitors to access your recent posts regardless of where they are on your website. There are two ways how you can do this, and these are:
- Add a Recent Post widget in your sidebar widget area
- Include the Latest Posts widget to the content of your home page
You can use these two ways for this purpose or prefer using one over the other if you want. Check which one will look better on your website.
Displaying recent posts on the sidebar does not apply to a full-width page layout. If you have that layout, you can add it to the footer instead. You can also consider adding them to the sidebar on other pages which aren’t full-width or add the Recent Posts widget to your home page content. So to add a sidebar widget area:
- In your WordPress admin, go to Appearance
- Then choose Widgets
- Look for the Sidebar widget area (your theme may have a different name for it )
- Then look for the Recent Posts widget on the left side of the screen
- Drag the Recent Posts widget onto the Sidebar widget area
- Name your Recent Posts widget if you like
- Choose how many posts you want to show
- Click the Save button.
Visit your website. Now you will see that there’s a list of your latest posts in your sidebar. This will show on your Home Page (if it’s not full width) and on the other pages or posts of your website too.
Step#4: Display Recent Posts on the Home Page Content
You can display your recent posts on the content of your Home page. You can do this by using a Widget block. Here’s how:
- Go to your WordPress admin
- Select your Home page
- Add a new block
- In the Widgets section, select the Latest Posts block. A list of your latest posts will show as widgets on your content.
- Edit the block settings to your preference.
The block settings may include:
- Post content settings that will allow you to display titles and excerpts
- Post meta settings to display the post date
- Feature image settings to add a featured image for your posts
- Sorting and filtering to arrange your posts accordingly
- Advanced CSS
- Add heading block to add a heading to your list
- Choose Grid View to display your posts as a grid or List View to display them as a list
- Add this to the rest of your web pages on your website
Bonus Tip: Fixing the Excerpts on Your Home Page
Most WordPress themes display excerpts of your posts on your Home page or Blog pages as well. But sometimes, they do not appear correct. Sometimes an excerpt’s length is wrong where it is cut off incorrectly and makes little sense. To fix this, you need to create manual quotes for all your blog posts by editing them. Here’s how:
- In your WordPress admin, go to the post-editing screen
- Then on the right side click on the Document pane
- Scroll down and select the excerpt section
- Click the arrow to open the section
- Then add a better excerpt on the excerpt field
- After that, select Update to save your changes
- Check your excerpts; they should display the changes you made.
Tips on creating captivating passages to lure your visitors into clicking them:
- Use keywords related to your post (for better SEO as well)
- Entice your visitors with a question or a hanging thought
- Use Quotes by famous people or quotes that are relevant to your post
- Highlight facts from your post
I hope this guide will help you improve the aesthetics of your website and help you provide a better user experience. This is very important to keep your visitors engaged on your website and continue reading your posts, especially if you are writing blogs for affiliate marketing.
If you need help choosing the right Affiliate Program, check out my #1 recommendation on building a successful Affiliate business online. You can get access to hundreds of training videos, 24/7 support, professional consultations, private access to training guides, tools, personal private assistance, my personal help, and much more.
PS: Click here to review my #1 recommendation in detail.