Admit it. You did not, or maybe still do not know how to use Twitter to promote your business or even tweet! After reading this post you would know all you need to know.
It is interesting how rapidly things have changed in the last ten years including one of the most visited websites in the world known as Twitter. You have to be a member to send a tweet.
When used correctly Twitter can be an excellent way to promote your business, or just to keep your followers up-to-date on what is going on. You can accomplish a lot in 140 characters or less. This community that I will share with you at the end of this post can help you do just that if you follow their free training guide on videos.
Maybe the best example of this right now is Donald Trump and his use of Twitter and how to get Twitter followers. He had over 8.87 million followers and has made over 59.5 thousand tweets. I don’t want to get political, but whether you like him or not, you have to admit he knows how to use Twitter to his advantage. Here’s the main thing to keep in mind about Twitter. This is a social media site just like other social sites including Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, and Instagram.
If you’re going to use Twitter effectively to promote your business, you need to start thinking from a social point of view. You also need to be active with all of your social accounts.
I’ll mention this again in the list below, but being effective means interacting with people who want to communicate with you. The only way to effectively do this is to monitor all of your social accounts, including Twitter on a regular basis.
There’s no point inviting people to comment and then not replying back to them when they do. For this reason, it’s important not to join more social accounts than you’re willing to be actively involved in.
Twitter says they currently have 974 million accounts. How great would it be to have even a small fraction of those viewing your business?
So how can you use Twitter to promote your business?
Here are my 11 Tips.
1. Optimize your Twitter bio. Tell people who you are and what you do in your bio.
Be sure and include a link to your website or blog. Use your bio as part of an overall branding strategy for your business.
2. Be active on a consistent basis. You need to tweet often giving people a reason to follow you.
Don’t put daily life things such as going to the store to get milk and I’ll be back in 20 minutes. Nobody cares about that, and it is an example of the poor use of Twitter.
3. What should you tweet about? For starters how about announcing a new blog post with a link back to read the entire article.
Promoting your business on Twitter does not always mean selling. Be a giver and not a taker.
4. Target the movers and shakers. Do you know who the big names are in your niche? These would be the people that influence what happens in a market.
They are probably the experts that other people are following, and you should be following them as well. Go beyond just following them on Twitter.
Try to interact with them and get to know them. Perhaps they will follow you as well.
5. Use your blog. You no doubt have seen social buttons for the top social sites which should include Twitter.
Ask people to follow you. Also, ask them to retweet your blog post on their Twitter account.
6. Retweet. Speaking of retweeting ask people to retweet your tweets. This sounds like an episode of the cartoon Tweety Bird.
Getting people to share things socially on the Internet is part of what makes the World Wide Web work so well today. Your business can benefit from a little bit of Twitter love.
7. Follow hashtags. Put your business where it can be seen relating to trending hashtags. Google ranks hashtags and a tweet from you could rank as well.
8. Offer Twitter specials. Offer discounts or specials to your Twitter followers.
Share this infographic or embed it on your own site! Embed code is provided below
<figure class="wp-block-image size-large"><a href="https://davidbishopmakemoneytips.com/how-to-use-twitter-to-promote-your-business/"><img src="https://davidbishopmakemoneytips.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/11-Tips-On-How-To-Use-Twitter-To-Promote-Your-Business-410x1024.png" alt="" class="wp-image-13408"/></a></figure>
One way to do that might be to give something away to the next 25 people that retweet your post. This is a way to get involved with your followers and provide value at the same time.
9. Use videos and pictures. Statistics have shown that tweets with a video or picture of them are two times more likely to be shared on other social sites.
They also are 3 to 4 times more likely to be clicked on which is enough proof that including them in your tweet is a good way to get somebody to click it.
Click here right now for instant access to our free training videos where we'll show you exactly how we did it ourselves starting out as complete beginners without ANY prior knowledge or experience in marketing online whatsoever!
10. Increase followers. Obviously, the more people you have followed you, the more benefit you will get from promoting your business on Twitter.
Twitter offers some excellent training on how to do that here. https://business.twitter.com/basics/grow-and-engage-your-follower-base
11. Paid Twitter advertising. Twitter was a little slow out of the gate in trying to understand how they could implement paid advertising similar to what Google and Facebook were making a fortune on.
However, they have figured it out! You can read about how here: https://business.twitter.com/solutions
Let me say that creating a campaign is a good long-term approach to promoting your business on Twitter. One of the great things about Twitter is you can target a relevant audience meaning the people that are going to see your ads are people that would be interested in them.
If you’re promoting a business opportunity may want to drive traffic to your landing page. Use your Twitter ads to help build your email list.
If that doesn’t appeal to you, send them to a presell page before passing them through to a sales page. Have an opt-in form above the fold where they can subscribe to your email list easily.
These are several ways to promote your business using Twitter. Tweeting takes less than a minute.
If nothing else copy the URL from a blog post and paste it into your tweet. Copy the title of the post and paste it in front of the URL. The type of some remaining characters and hit Tweet!
If you are interested in creating your own home business, check out my #1 recommendation on building a successful business. You can get access to hundreds of training videos, 24/7 support, professional consultations, private access to training guides, tools, and much more.
Enter your email and gain access to my make money tips and receive your free gift.