In this topic, you will be given step-by-step instructions on how to install the GeneratePress Premium theme by properly downloading and activating this theme and how to get the free version activated within a community platform.
GeneratePress Premium is a powerful theme plugin that offers more features, controls, and options for creating your website’s layout and design. So if you would like to install it, you’ve come to the right place.
What is GeneratePress Premium?
GeneratePress Premium or also referred to as GP Premium, is the plugin for the GeneratePress theme. You need to purchase one of the two plans of GeneratePress Premium to download and install the plugin. Once activated, it unlocks the different customization modules and features that GeneratePress Free does not have.
GeneratePress Premium offers two paid plans which are:
- For use on up to 500 websites
- Includes all features and modules
- Full access to the Site Library
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 1-year support and updates
- One time payment only
- Includes everything from the yearly plan
- Lifetime premium support and updates
GeneratePress Premium Pros and Cons
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of GeneratePress Premium so you can get an idea of what it can offer you.
- More features than the free version
- More customization options
- Save time using the importable sites of the Site Library
- Light weight plugin
- Mobile optimization features
- SEO optimized
- Page builders aren’t necessary
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- One on one support, documentations, and active support forums
- Quite expensive
- Learning all the hidden controls and options takes time
Click here right now for instant access to our free training videos where we'll show you exactly how we did it ourselves starting out as complete beginners without ANY prior knowledge or experience in marketing online whatsoever!
How to install GeneratePress Premium?
GeneratePress Premium needs to have the GeneratePress theme to be installed first. Installing the GeneratePress theme is easy. Here’s how:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Navigate to Appearance then Themes
- Then click on Add New
- Go to the search box and type in “GeneratePress”
- Click the Install button
- After the GeneratePress has been installed, click on the activate button
So after installing the GeneratePress theme, you are now ready to install the GeneratePress Premium. Here’s how:
- Visit the GeneratePress website and login to your account
- On the Premium tab, buy your GP Premium plan
- Download the GP Premium plugin
- Go to WordPress and login to your account
- Navigate to Plugin and select Add New
- Select Upload Plugin
- Then click on Choose file
- In the downloads folder, select the GP Premium zip file
- Click on Install Now and activate the plugin
To ensure that you will receive updates for your GeneratePress Premium, you need to enable it using the steps below:
- Go to the GeneratePress website and copy your license key
- Go back to your WP dashboard, click on Appearance then select GeneratePress
- Then on the right side of the webpage, paste your license key under the Updates section
- Click on Save
What are the features of GeneratePress Premium?
GeneratePress Premium offers plenty of features, customizations, and controls to design your website. The free version is inferior to GeneratePress Premium. To understand the difference in features between the two, first, let’s talk about what the free version can offer you.
GeneratePress theme alone offers the features and functionalities you will find in a typical WordPress theme. Its appearance is basic and plain-looking unless you download demo sites to save time and start working on your website. Here are the features of GeneratePress:
- Full Width or Contained – Choose full width or contained header for your website. Add a background image and parallax effect. You can also customize text, padding and alignment.
- Top Bar Widget Area – Allows you to add your business email and phone number on top of your website.
- Back to Top – Add the “back to top” button on your webpage.
- Featured Images – Showcase featured images on top of your post.
- Footer Bar – Use the footer bar for your CTA and other information you want your audience to know.
- Footer Widgets – Set the number of footer widgets you want via the global settings in GeneratePress.
- Navbar Options – Choose the webpage navigation you want whether hover, click-menu item, click-arrow, and other options.
- Text or image logo – Inline your website logo, title, and tagline for a better website layout.
- Sidebar Layout – Choose from a couple of default sidebar and multiple sidebar layouts to apply for your entire site.
- Content Container option – Customize your page layout either contained or full width. Use GenerateBlocks or other page builders to fully customize your website content.
- Disable Elements – Disable one element. With GeneratePress, you can only disable post titles.
GeneratePress Premium has all the features of the free version and more. It unlocks the different essential modules that give you more control in designing your website. These modules are:
- Background Images – This allows you to customize your background images for all the sections on your website. You can edit the size, position, or repeat the image if you want to have a pattern or gradient background. You can also set the image whether you want it to scroll along with the element, fixed, etc.
- Blog – The blog module allows you to customize your blog content layout, adjust featured images, use inline post navigation, and so much more.
- Colors – GeneratePress Premium added over 60 different color options you can use for each of the sections of your website. Each section has a color picker to edit the colors of the background, text, link, link hover, site title, and tagline.
- Copyright – The copyright module lets you edit the copyright message located in the footer of your website. You can also customize its width, select the number of widgets to be displayed, enable “back to top” button, etc.
- Disable Elements – Unlike the free version, GeneratePress Premium allows you to disable more elements on your webpages and posts. You can disable the top bar, header, footer, and so on.
- Elements – This new module in GeneratePress Premium enables you to do more customizations with your website’s layout, hooks, and block elements. In each element, you’ll have more controls and customization options.
- Menu Plus – GeneratePress Premium has more menu options compared to the free version. It has the mobile header, mobile menu label, sticky and slide-out navigation options that you can customize accordingly.
- Secondary Nav – This module lets you place a secondary navigation location on different areas on your website such as above or below the header, float left or right, and left or right sidebar.
- Sections – This is a GeneratePress Premium’s page builder. You will need to downlad GenerateBlocks plugin to activate this module. But if you’re using the classic WP editor, you can use the sections module at ease. It provides you more settings for your website layout and design.
- Site Library – Choose from the variety of proffessionally designed importable sites to save time in building your website. You can either import the customizer options or the demo content, or both options. GeneratePress Premium saves a backup of your existing pages so you can remove the imported site or change it without losing your content.
- Spacing – GeneratePress Premium has more spacing and padding customization options for your header, menu items, widgets, and more.
- Typography – This lets you customize the typography for each sections of your website. Use any of the top 200 Google Font list. You can also add more fonts and change the number of fonts displayed on the list.
- WooCommerce – GeneratePress Premium has the WooCommerce add-on that gives you more options on your website’s layout, colors, and typography.
- Import and Export – This module allows you to import or export your GP options in a single file instead of doing it for each module.
Overall, the GeneratePress Premium is worth purchasing. It provides you with a lot of controls to design your website the way you want it. If you’re not ready to purchase it yet, you can always try out the free version first. But again, the free version is not as great as GeneratePress Premium. Once you’ve tried it, you may never switch to another plugin. Together with Generateblocks Pro as your page builder, it is like putting your website on steroids.
GeneratePress Premium is the theme plugin recommended by Wealthy Affiliate. It helps you easily build your website so you can start with your online business. If you are interested in creating your own home business, check out my #1 recommendation on building a successful business, where you can get access to hundreds of training videos, 24/7 support, professional consultations, private access to my training guide and much more.
Enter your email and gain access to my make money tips and receive your free gift.