Making money on internet traffic comes down to monetizing your traffic in one or more ways.
If you are good at getting traffic to your website or blog consider yourself lucky.
Surveys in the past have shown the number one reason people fail at making money online comes down to traffic. Of course when we say traffic we are referring to getting people to come to your site.
So, in this article, we will dispense the usual advice on getting traffic and focus 100% on making money on the traffic once you have it!
Affiliate Marketing Methods
Affiliate marketing is going to be the fastest way to make money on the traffic you’re getting. This has proven to be true for most Internet marketers like you and me.
So what is affiliate marketing?
My blog focuses a lot on various types of affiliate marketing, but you can break it down into three or four.
1. Pay per click. As an affiliate, you earn money when people click on ads provided to you from the affiliate merchant.
Google AdSense is the top program in the PPC affiliate arena, but they are not the only one. Others include Media Net, Propeller Ads Media, Rev Content, Pop Ads, Adsterra, and many more.
2. Pay per lead or cost per action. As an affiliate, you earn money when your website visitor performs a specific action required from the affiliate merchant.
These actions could include filling out a lead form, downloading software, subscribing to an email list and so on. The more difficult the action the more you get paid.
3. Pay per sale. Amazon was at the forefront of pay per sale paying affiliate to sell physical books.
Now you can sell digital content, physical content, physical products, info courses and so on. Commission rates can run as low as 1-2% on big-ticket products, to 75%, and upon digital download products.
4. Two-tier affiliate. Get paid to recruit affiliates and on the sales or actions, they complete.
You want to look for 2 tier affiliate programs that pay you well on your sales and pay you well on the sales of your affiliates. A quick Google search will point you in the right direction.
You Do Not Need Your Own Products
I laid the groundwork in the section above on affiliate marketing for this reason. As an affiliate, you do not need a product or program of your own.
All you need is traffic to your affiliate offer and you can make money. Promoting an affiliate offer directly may not be the best way to do it, but there are people who do this very thing.
1. Find an affiliate offer.
2. Get their affiliate URL.
3. Promote their affiliate URL.
4. Make money.
Here is an example of how would do that using my affiliate URL to the Wealthy Affiliate program I promote.
1. I joined Wealthy Affiliate.
2. Here is my affiliate URL: https://www.wealthyaffiliate.com/a_aid/c344e54c/campaign/wealthone
3. I promote this URL on my review page that I wrote about Wealthy Affiliate.
4. I promote that Review page on my articles. And those articles I promote on social media, guest blogging, in online profiles paid traffic and so on.
5. When someone read my articles and joins Wealthy Affiliate for free learn all the skills that I am using and upgrades, their membership makes me money.
6. Then I work with them to help them to do the same or whatever niche they so decide.
Let me give you another way.
1. Buy a domain name relevant to what you are promoting.
2. Mask the domain name and redirect it to an affiliate offer.
3. Make money.
Here is an example of this in action.
1. SubscriptionIncome.org redirects to a free webinar
2. The affiliate program the affiliate is promoting is SubscriptionSchool which pays 50% on a $2K affiliate offer.
Do you see how promoting SubscriptionIncome.org looks more professional then promoting this affiliated URL:
The cost of this strategy is only the cost of the yearly domain fee around $15 a year.
Here is one of the most popular ways to make money on Internet traffic. Start a blog on a targeted niche.
Add quality content to your blog that you would be proud for people to read. Monetize your blog with the Google AdSense affiliate program.
Focus on promoting your content and driving traffic to your blog. When people click on the ads provided to you by Google you earn 68% of the ad sale price.
Do this over and over until you’re earning as much money as you want. This is the easiest way to make money in terms of you are not requiring your visitors to do anything except click on the ads.
Of course, the hard part is getting quality content on your blog and developing traffic from it. I talk about various ways to do this in blog posts I’ve done in the past.
Build An Email List
Here is another, and I think the best long term, a method for making money on your online traffic. List building is where you get the email address, and maybe the name of your website visitor.
This information is stored in an autoresponder such as Aweber. You now have permissions to email these people anytime you want.
How do you make money?
1. Sell to your list in the body of the email promoting an affiliate offer.
2. Send people from the email to your affiliate page.
3. Send people from the email to a blog post which contains a link to your affiliate offer.
The great thing here is as you build your list it is an asset you will have forever. No one can take that away from you and you can monetize it any way you want.
As your website traffic increases, it becomes more valuable to other businesses. If you can develop in authority blog you can make a lot of money just selling advertising on your blog directly.
Bypass affiliate programs such as Google AdSense and just deal with one or two advertisers directly. Let them sponsor your blog and you focus 100% on content.
You can even include them as sponsors of your email newsletter if you choose to run one to your list. One good advertiser can earn you a six-figure income if you build an authority blog in the niche they would want to advertise in.
In summary, there are several ways you can make money on Internet traffic. Most of them revolve around affiliate marketing which is the fastest way and in my opinion the best long-term way to make money on the Internet!
Looking To Make More Money?
As someone who has been through the process, I can speak from experience when I say that trying to choose a way to make money online is exhausting.
There’s a lot of options, and you don’t want to make the wrong choice. The best way to start is by looking at my No 1 recommendation and get started here. It’s Free!
Please leave your questions or a comment, I would love to get your feedback.