When it comes to making money online affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to do so. But what is the top Affiliate Network today?
Affiliate marketing is basically promoting other people’s products, businesses or services, and then you get a commission for every conversion that you make.
So, for example, if a company is offering 10% commission on a $50 product, you will get $5 of every sale of that product that you generate. As a result, in order to be profitable at affiliate marketing, you need to generate as many sales or conversions that you can.
In order to gain access to affiliate offers, you will want to be accepted by at least one affiliate network. There are hundreds of different networks and they include MaxBounty, Peerfly, Clickbank, Shareasale, Flex Offers and much more.
Joining An Affiliate Network
In order to get into an Affiliate Network, you will need to go to the website of the network and apply to become a publisher. Once you click on that link\ you will be directed to a form where you have to fill out personal information such as your name, address, country, marketing methods, experience, website etc. It is essential that you thoroughly fill out each one of the fields as truthfully and accurately as possible.
It should be noted that getting into the top affiliate networks is quite difficult and you may be rejected. However, in order to improve your chances of getting accepted, you should call the affiliate network as soon as you have completed the online form.
Once you call the network you will speak to an account manager or rep that will go through your application and ask you a few simple questions. It is essential that you understand the basics of affiliate marketing in order to answer these questions.
You should definitely communicate your plans on how you intend to market their products since this is the most important question they will want an answer to. Typical ways to market affiliate products include SEO, personal websites or blogs, paid advertising, social media ads, email lists etc. Once you have spoken to a rep the chances of getting accepted are quite high.
What Are The Best Affiliate Networks?
Affiliate networks are divided into cost per click, cost per action, and cost per sale. These are also known as pay per click, pay per lead, and pay per sale.
Some of the biggest affiliate networks are ones you want to join right away. They offer the most affiliate merchants you can join to start making money.
As you get more into various niches you are in it is worth looking for specialty affiliate networks. These are usually harder to get accepted into but can provide interesting affiliate programs that are many times under the radar.
So, what are the best affiliate networks?
1. Clickbank. The world’s largest digital marketplace has to be the first place to go as an affiliate.
They offer many great features, but 2 stands out to me. They have a huge variety of digital products you can sell. With one i.d. number you can sell everything they provide by inserting it into any URL. This is known as your hop-link and it does not get any better than this!
2. CJ By Conversant. We used to know them as Commission Junction, The CJ.com and now CJ by Conversant. This is where you will find some of the world’s largest businesses.
They do not want the hassle of running an affiliate program, but they know they need one so they use CJ By Conversant. I remember once they find the Denver Broncos affiliate program here.
3. Amazon Associates. They refer to their affiliates as associates, No matter what you are called you should join with them.
I have never understood why small local businesses have let Amazon push them around. Same thing with independent affiliates. Don’t try and compete with the world’s largest buying website, join them and get in on the action!
4. eBay. Did you know they have an affiliate program? Their partner program offers world class tools and training to help you sell on eBay. This is another example of a well-known site that already gets a lot of traffic.
5. Max Bounty. This is a cost per action affiliate network. They provide great training, your own affiliate rep to work directly with, and what seems like a never-ending supply of great offers to promote.
6. Rakuten. They used to be Buy.com. When you are approved as an affiliate you will access to 90,000 products from 38,500 shop owners, and more than 18 million customers.
7. Sharesale. This is a very large affiliate network with over 4,000 merchants. Over 1,000 are exclusive to them. Their system makes it very easy to compare offers.
Let me give you a couple of other things to consider.
8. OfferVault.com is a great site for finding top affiliate networks, many of which you have probably never heard of. Join for free and start taking advantage of everything they provide.
9. Google Adsense. Google got out of the affiliate network game, but they do run the top pay per click advertising affiliate program.
Join for free and let Google do all of the selling for you. Place a piece of code on your site. This will bring up ads and when a visitor goes to your site and clicks on an ad, you earn 68% of the click.
Summary: A Closer Look At The Top Affiliate Networks
In closing, we have just looked at some of the top affiliate networks and how to get into them. It can be challenging for a newbie to get accepted into a top network, but it isn’t impossible once you follow the above guidelines.
Affiliate networks save you a lot of time and headaches when it comes to finding good products and programs. Jump in with both feet and you to can quickly be off and running in the exciting world of affiliate marketing.
Do what I did, Join a community that teaches me how to choose the right one and steps to take. They show me step by step how to build my website and market these Affiliate products.
Please leave me your comments or questions, I would love to get your feedback.